On occasion, I wear the hat of Rare Book Appraiser. Appraisals and simple valuation reviews can be done for current market value, IRS and/or insurance purposes. Please contact us for more information and/or to schedule an appointment to discuss your specific appraisal needs. If something falls outside the bounds of our expertise, we are happy to make the proper referrals.
A few tid-bits for those interested in securing Mike as an appraiser:
1) Current member in good standing - Florida Antiquarian Booksellers Association
2) 10+ years experience in the antiquarian book market
3) Nearly a dozen appraisal related television spots on the Discovery Channel
4) Standing Rare Book and Document Appraiser for the Nashville Public Television Yearly Appraisal Fairs
5) Author of dozens of print and digital articles on collecting and the future of collecting
6) Charter member of the Tennessee Antiquarian Booksellers Association (2010)
Please contact us for rates. As a general rule, appraisals are performed on an hourly basis (and not per piece) and do not include travel expenses that may be applicable.