Washington DC. Archive. Very Good. Item #1319
Archive of materials from former Democratic National Committee (DNC), Director of Campaign Materials / 1965 Inaugural Parade Committee member Burnhart Muller. Muller was instrumental in organizing the 1964 Democratic National Convention in Atlantic City, NJ as a memer of the internal staff of the event. He was also the Director of the Lady Bird John's very successful "Whistle-Stop Tour of 1964." The archive consists of Muller's own collection of Lyndon Baines Johnson (1964) and Hubert Humphrey (1968) Democratic campaign materials as well as a bulk of his campaign related correspondence, handwritten notes and scrapbook materials. Highlights of the collection include: SIX heretofore unpublished photographs Lady Bird Johnson during the 1964 campaign, detailed plans - passes - guides for the 1965 Inaugural Parade, Internal staff communications of the 1964 Democratic National Convention in Atlantic City and a large cache of materials - annotated diagrams - plans for the 1968 Democratic National Convention at the Leamington Hotel in Minneapolis, MN.
Other items in the collection include:
1) Several election related magazines owned by Muller
2) Muller's personal "Advanceman's Handbook"
3) Dozens of pieces of correspondence to Muller in his position as Director of Campaign materials
4) Signed First Edition copy of "The President's Lady" by Marie Smith (signed by Lady Bird Johnson)
5) Bernie's personal scrapbook of the 1964 campaign and 1965 Inaugural Parade (Includes his badges, ribbons and OFFICIAL felt armband from the Parade X2)
6) Hundreds of Campaign pinbacks for LBJ and Humphrey (1964 & 1968 elections)
7) Official House of Representatives Porcelain Jar presented to Muller
8) Jane Russell signed napkin (with interesting note)
9) 1968 DNC Leamington Hotel Guides, plans (annotated in Bernie's hand) and over 20 handwritten pages of personal notes on things to do in preparation for the convention
10) Copy of the Hubert H. Humphrey March signed to Bernie by the composer, Mason Mallory
11) Large mounted photograph of Lady Bird Johnson inscribed to "Bernie Muller" by Lady Bird Johnson in November of 1964
12) FOUR Pinbacks and TWO whistles from the Lady Bird Johnson "Whistle-Stop Tour of the South" (the Civil Rights push in the South during the campaign)
13) Lady Bird Johnson signed 8X10 photograph (with two promotional bookmarks)
14) Collection of 1964 Democratic National Convention passes and brochures
15) NINE B/W 8X10 photographs of the "Whistle-Stop Tour" of 1964
16) Collection of xerox copies of newspaper clippings from several stops on the "Whistle-Stop Tour" of 1964
17) Muller's personal Internal House of Representatives Phone Directory
18) 1965 Inaugural Parade (LBJ) diagrams of car positions, secret service details and rules for every minute of service to the President
19) SEVEN plaster and metal LBJ and JFK bust plaques
20) Promotional LBJ Zippo Lighters, Bolo Ties and mini hanging plaques
21) John F. Kennedy For President plastic banner
22) Official Vice-President of the United States vinyl garment bag (from Hubert Humphrey)
and much more...
A sweeping cache of fresh Presidential campaign materials from "The Great Landslide" Lyndon Johnson / Hubert Humphrey win of 1964. NOTE: This is a very large collection and extra shipping will be required. Personal delivery of the items can be discussed.